GRUPO CONSERVAS GARAVILLA. S.L.
In 1887, in the town of Elantxobe, José de Garavilla y Quintana established the foundations of what is today one of the largest European extractive fishing and preserved fish groups in Europe. The business flourished and soon moved to Bermeo.
In 1931, the next generation took over headed by Estanislao Garavilla Landeta, who relaunched and consolidated the company. In the 1960s, the Isabel brand appeared and became the emblem of the company. The creation of a powerful commercial network and a modern fishing fleet, were the key actions in the late 20th century, under the leadership of the third family generation, together with the creation of a new range of products.
In 2002, the company opened its new headquarters and production centre in the town of Mundaka.